1. Prime the lid with an eye shadow base or neutral color. I used Dior Paint in Bare Canvas.
2. + 3. + 4. +5. Apply a black pencil liner all around your eye, close to your lash line, making the liner thicker on the outer parts of your lid, and in your waterline.
6. Contour the outer lid with a medium matte eye shadow. Using a mini dome eyeshadow brush, smudge the liner all around the eye until it appears smooth.
7. Apply a matte bone colored eyeshadow to the brow bone.
8. Next, apply a warm, medium brown eyeshadow to your crease, and blend well.
9. Take that same brown eyeshadow and apply it under the lower lash line, blending into the black liner. (Deepen contour color with a dark matte eyeshadow to desired intensity. Press this same eye shadow into the inner rim for smoldering impact. Try Urban Decay's Naked Basics Palette for a great range of light, medium and dark neutral matte eye shadows.)
10. To add a little interest, take a shimmery gold eyeshadow or pigment and apply to your lid, then, apply a little to the center of your lower lash line. Makeup Forever's Diamond Powder
11. To Finish off the look, apply a coat or two of mascara. Don’t forget to curl them first!Pro Tip: Since applying eyeshadow can be a messy job, first, do your eyes, then clean up any eyeshadow that has fallen on your under eye with some makeup remover.